The Lug Walk 2023 is being planned for this year – watch this space
- pre-enter by first registering on the form below. The number of participants is restricted to 100
- be over 18 years of age
- be in a fit physical condition to participate in this very arduous walk
- have considerable hill walking experience
- have windproof, waterproof clothing, a rucksack and wear proper hiking boots
- have a first aid kit, and emergency food and drink
- have a compass, whistle, torch and map (scale 1:50000 to 1:25000)
- carry a mobile phone on the walk and provide the number on the application form.
- start the walk between 5.00 a.m. and 5.30 a.m. at the latest
- collect their Control card with their walker’s number at the start point
- carry the Control Card and present it at each checkpoint.
An option to receive a GPX file of the complete track as an email attachment will be available to successful applicants.
If you decide that you would like to apply to take part please use this link to the Lug Walk registration form.